You don’t need to double check the month – it is July, not Christmas just yet! My daughter Mia looked at my Great British Bake Off mug, I was given at Christmas and asked if we could make some as she loves the smell of Christmas. Unusually, we had all the ingredients apart from mixed spice (I’ve kept it on the ingredients list so you can follow the GBBO recipe).
She also asked to watch her Christmas Pepper pig DVD, we’ve been outside all day in 26 degree heat but she wants the ‘Christmassy’ atmosphere so we are watching her DVD and baking gingerbread.🤶 🎅
- 200g plain flour (plus extra for rolling)
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- pinch of salt
- 100g unsalted butter
- 75g light muscovada sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 large egg yolk (Our duck Sally laid one fresh today)
Mia has tasted one and they got her approval – Ill have to tell Mary Berry! So tomorrow after playschool we will decorating these and I’ll update with a photo. My prediction they will be pink with rainbow sprinkles, but I’ll have to wait and see what the mini baker decides 😁.
Please comment below if you liked this post,